Mosquitoes can be tiresome to have around, and they can present a serious challenge should a large infestation of them move onto your property or near your home. Fortunately, there are several ways to repel mosquitoes out there, and Ogden pest control is available to help you combat this pest.
Diseases Mosquitoes Can Transmit
One of the significant problems with mosquito infestations is that this pest is a known carrier of several illnesses. The diseases carried by mosquitoes include the Zika virus, malaria, West Nile virus, Chikungunya virus, and dengue. You may contract any of the diseases carried by mosquitoes by receiving a bite from this pest, though it is important to note that not all mosquitoes will be infected with a disease.
That being said, if you want to eliminate the risk of contracting a mosquito-borne disease entirely, you should be trusting Mountain West Pest to remove infestations of this pest from your property.
Some Trees And Plants That Repel Mosquitoes
There are several natural ways to get rid of mosquitoes that you can take advantage of on your property. Among these methods is investing in the best plants to keep mosquitoes away and putting these plants into place around your home. These plants can deter mosquitoes from invading in the first place and may help to protect your yard against widespread infestations of this pest.
These effective mosquito-repelling plants include:
- Rose Geraniums
- Lemon Balm
It can be most effective to put these plants around outdoor areas such as decks, patios, and porches. You may also want to plant around the perimeter of the yard or water feature, like a pond, to keep mosquitoes far away from your property.
The Best Mosquito Repellent
The best repellent you can put into place is proactive prevention tactics, out of all the natural ways to get rid of mosquitoes and the many ways to repel mosquitoes from your property.
The steps below can help you safeguard your property against this pest:
- Remove standing water from your property, as pools of water are targets for mosquitoes looking to lay their eggs and continue the life cycle.
- Ensure there is proper drainage in your yard, gutters are unclogged, and that you change the water in things like birdbaths regularly.
- Remove debris from your yard, fill in holes, and trim back overgrown foliage to make the area less hospitable to mosquitoes.
- Use window and door screens to ensure that mosquitoes stay out of your home. Also, keep exterior doors and windows closed as often as possible.
- Wear long sleeves and lighter-colored clothing when outside in the yard or out in nature, as this will discourage this pest from biting you.
- Put the best plants to keep mosquitoes away in place around your yard to deter mosquitoes from ever moving in.
Mosquito Control Is the Best
When it comes to eliminating mosquitoes that are invading your property, the best thing to get rid of mosquitoes with is professional pest control. The experts at Mountain West Pest are highly skilled at putting into place effectively, targeted ways to repel mosquitoes so that you don’t have to deal with the risks of bites by this pest or using less than effective do-it-yourself (DIY) control methods.
Trust our professionals and reach out to Mountain West Pest today for all of your mosquito control needs.