Mosquitoes may be small, but the trouble they cause is anything but. Mosquito bites are incredibly itchy, and in rare cases they can carry some serious diseases that can jeopardize your health. In fact, the mosquito has been widely hailed as the single most prolific killer of humans in the animal kingdom—even above known mega-predators like the great white shark, the lion, and all species of bear. If you’re sick of the whining drones of hungry mosquitoes interfering with your enjoyment of your outdoors, make the call to Mountain West Pest Control for quality Ogden mosquito control services.
At Mountain West Pest Control, we understand mosquitoes, and we offer pest control solutions that effectively keep them contained so you can enjoy your outdoors more. Our tested and proven process targets them where they hide and where they build their nests, greatly reducing their numbers and giving you more of an ability to enjoy your patio, deck, pool, and other outdoor features again.
Signs of a Mosquito Infestation
Identifying the signs of a mosquito infestation is crucial to protect yourself and your property from the relentless buzzing and itchy bites.
Here are some key signs of a mosquito infestation:
- Increased mosquito activity: Notice a sudden surge in mosquito presence, especially during the day or around dusk and dawn.
- Frequent mosquito bites: Experiencing an influx of itchy bites on your body, particularly after spending time outdoors.
- Standing water: Puddles, stagnant water in containers, birdbaths, or clogged gutters serve as breeding grounds for mosquitoes.
- Mosquito larvae: Observing small, wriggling larvae in stagnant water sources or containers.
- Buzzing and swarming: Hearing the characteristic high-pitched whine and witnessing swarms of mosquitoes hovering around.
If you notice these signs, it's essential to address the infestation promptly to prevent further discomfort and minimize the risk of mosquito-borne diseases. By staying vigilant and recognizing these indicators, you can take proactive measures to eliminate mosquitoes and enjoy a mosquito-free environment.
Take a Stand Against Pests! Contact our Ogden pest control team at (801) 874-1412 to schedule your service today.
Locally Owned & Operated
Top-Notch Customer Service
Free Re-treat Between Services
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Treat the Entire Property from Curb to Fence Line
Hospital Grade Products
Although mosquitoes are present in virtually every lawn and garden, it’s extremely difficult to discern where they are actually coming from. This is because mosquito eggs are tremendously small, and females lay hundreds of them over their lifetime. Mosquitoes can reproduce quickly, and if left unchecked, can quickly overrun virtually any property, making life outside miserable and life after itchy.
If you think a mosquito infestation could be affecting your quality of life, consider relying on the knowledgeable professionals at Mountain West Pest Control. With many years in the mosquito control industry, our experts have developed a fool-proof plan that stops insects in their tracks.
We target mosquitos in all common places, including:
- Thick shrubberies
- Spaces around your foundation
Mountain West Pest Control customizes every mosquito treatment plan to ensure long-lasting relief all summer long. While we traditionally only treat during the peak of mosquito season (from April through October) in Ogden and the surrounding areas, we do also offer one-time treatments for special events like weddings, parties, and more.
Contact us today at (801) 874-1412 to schedule your pest control service.
“The technician was extremely personable. He asked if we had any problem areas and did a swift and thorough extermination spray.”- Jay V.
“The technician made me feel like he truly cared about my pest. He was very knowledgeable and told me everything here would be doing in detail.”- Tom K.
“The technicians are kind and professional, and they keep our spiders at bay.”- Marny P.
“The technician was able to answer all my questions and did a professional job.”- RoLayne P.
“The company always responds quickly to my requests and I have very good results.”- Linda R.
“It’s been the same employee that comes out and he is always professional, informative, kind to my animals, and does a GREAT job.”- Courtney T.
Mountain West Pest Control uses a mosquito blower to treat your entire property. Our first step in the process is always a thorough property inspection. We carefully evaluate the needs of your lawn and property, finding harborage zones, breeding areas, and many other attractant factors.
While lawn treatments help to exterminate lingering mosquito populations, we find that combining treatments with mosquito prevention steps can keep your home safe for months on end. Try these tips on for size:
- Eliminate standing water sources. If you have any puddles that sit on your sidewalk or pools of water in planters, mosquitoes use them for nesting and to sustain themselves. Eliminate these puddles by changing your watering habits or repositioning your sprinkler heads.
- Trim grasses, trees, and bushes regularly. Mosquitoes love a messy brush—it provides protection and plenty of shelter to build their nests on. Keep your garden and any green features neat and tidy.
- Do what you can to reduce the amount of shade around south-facing parts of the house. Mosquitoes need protection from sunlight, which is why they are often at their worst during dawn and dusk hours. Eliminating shade from the south side of your house gives them nowhere to find shelter.
Contact us using the form below or give us a call at (801) 874-1412.