Trustworthy Pest Solutions In Sandy, UT
There was a time when pest control was all about extermination. Over the last five decades, there has been a surprising shift away from this method of addressing pest problems. While extermination is sometimes required, the best solution is proactive pest management.
When you address pests before they become a problem, you prevent them from impacting your health and damaging your property. Let's take a look at a few specific ways Salt Lake County pest control works to proactively prevent pest problems, and examine, in detail, two common pest threats in Sandy, Utah.
Residential Pest Control In Sandy, UT
Your home is your sanctuary. You may choose to get residential pest control for no other reason than to avoid annoying encounters with spiders, ants, centipedes, and other creepy houseguests but year-round pest control does more than prevent bugs and rodents from being a nuisance.
- Wood-damaging pests can damage your property for years without being detected. Your year-round pest control can prevent you from having extensive damage.
- Some pests are unsanitary. They climb around in trash receptacles, dumpsters, and sewers, and feed on animal waste and rotting organic matter. When you have routine treatments to the exterior of your home, you reduce the chance that dirty pests will come inside and make you sick.
- Some pests sting or bite. It is much better to address these pests before they harm you or your family. Routine treatments, inspections, and the removal of spider webs, can prevent painful encounters.
- Some pests damage your belongings. Long before you pull an item out of storage and discover that it has been permanently ruined, exterior pest control can work to keep these pests out.
Get proactive about pests and let Mountain West Pest Control help you find the right residential pest control plan for your specific pest concerns. We can help you stop termites, cockroaches, mosquitoes, wasps, rodents, clothing moths, carpet beetles, and more.
Our Expert Pest Advice
What's The Best Way To Get Rid Of Roaches In My House In Ogden
What Ogden Homeowners Need To Know About Bed Bugs
Raccoon Infestation In Ogden: Do's & Don'ts
Getting Rid Of Rats Safely And Effectively On Your Ogden Property
The Smart Way To A Pest-Free Ogden Home
What To Do About Gophers Tearing Up Your Ogden Lawn
The Importance Of Quality Pest Control For Your Ogden Business
Bed Bug Control Made Easy For Ogden Homeowners
Commercial Pest Control In Sandy, UT
There are many ways pests can impact the financial health of businesses in Sandy, Utah, and each industry has its own unique pests. If you own or manage a business, we don't have to tell you what you're up against.
Let the commercial pest control specialists here at Mountain West Pest Control establish a plan that meets your specific needs, the needs of your industry, and the requirements put in place by the U.S. government.
The Secret To Keeping Mosquitoes Away From Your Sandy Yard
There is little doubt that mosquitoes are a problem in our area. What you might not know is that this problem can be solved. The secret to keeping mosquitoes away is linked to how mosquitoes behave. When a mosquito comes into your yard, it isn't going to continually fly around waiting for you to come outside. That mosquito is going to rest.
If you have a licensed professional treat mosquito resting places with a knockdown agent that is only potent enough to harm simple organisms, such as mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks, you can make it difficult for mosquitoes to live on your property.
When mosquitoes can't live on your property, you're going to get fewer bites, and lower the risk of mosquito-borne disease transmission. There is no better way to deal with mosquitoes than to be proactive about mosquito control.
A Helpful Guide To Keeping Sandy Rodents Out Of Your Home
Do you know that there are several natural ways to effectively, and proactively, prevent mice and rats from getting into your home? Here are the best suggestions from our on-staff rodent control experts:
- Remove clutter from your yard. Mice and rats have poor eyesight. They use ground clutter to navigate. A clutter-free yard is going to create a natural barrier for mice and rats.
- Remove unnecessary vegetation. Mice and rats love to hide in landscape vegetation. When you remove weeds and unwanted grass, it will open up your landscaping and make it feel less inviting to rodents.
- Trim bushes and shrubs. These can create a hiding place for rodents. When you trim near the base of bushes and shrubs, mice and rats feel exposed.
- Protect voids. Rodents love to get underneath structures. If you apply fencing material to seal these voids, you make it less likely that a mouse or rat will chew through a sole plate to get into your home.
- Apply exclusions. A caulking gun is a great tool for keeping rodents out. Fill in gaps and holes to make it harder for a rodent to easily squeeze into your home.
- Bolster your defenses. It is sometimes necessary to use hardware cloth, metal flashing, and wire mesh to keep rodents out.
If you have higher than normal rodent pressures on your property, or an infestation of rodents in your home, contact Mountain West Pest Control for targeted rodent control. We're always available to help.
We’re Crawling with Great Reviews
Our Customers Say It Best!
“The technician was extremely personable. He asked if we had any problem areas and did a swift and thorough extermination spray.”- Jay V.
“The technician made me feel like he truly cared about my pest. He was very knowledgeable and told me everything here would be doing in detail.”- Tom K.
“The technicians are kind and professional, and they keep our spiders at bay.”- Marny P.
“The technician was able to answer all my questions and did a professional job.”- RoLayne P.
“The company always responds quickly to my requests and I have very good results.”- Linda R.
“It’s been the same employee that comes out and he is always professional, informative, kind to my animals, and does a GREAT job.”- Courtney T.