Tucked into the southwest of South Salt Lake County, Utah, Herriman is a suburb of the most densely populated part of the Beehive State. And, just like everywhere else in the gorgeous Mountain West where human development overlaps with the natural world, pest problems can threaten Herriman residents.
Since our area is home to a wide variety of pests, from dangerous bugs like mosquitoes and termites to wild animals like rodents and raccoons, it’s important to get started with comprehensive pest control in Herriman early on. At Mountain West Pest, we can help all kinds of properties avoid and eliminate pest infestations.
Residential Pest Control In Herriman
Your home is likely the most important investment you’ll make in your life. To keep that investment increasing in value rather than losing it, you have to protect it against the damage that pests can cause. Whether it’s the obviously destructive kind, like wood-boring termites, or rodents chewing on materials in your walls, the consequences of an infestation can be severe for local homeowners.
Luckily, there’s an effective pest control company near you that specializes in early pest prevention. At Mountain West Pest, we don’t believe in just kicking pest problems down the road. Instead, we take a comprehensive approach to home pest control. We treat for a wide range of household pests and will regularly inspect your property to make sure new problems aren’t forming.
This is the kind of protection it takes to truly protect the investment that is your Herriman home, so contact us at Mountain West Pest to get started today.
DIY vs. Professional Mosquito Control: When to Call in the Experts
Humane Wildlife Removal: Why It Matters
Mosquito-Proofing Your Yard: Tips and Tricks for a Bite-Free Zone
How to Keep Ants Out of Your Home
Professional vs. DIY Rodent Control: When to Call the Experts
The Importance of Early Detection: Signs of Rodent Infestations You Shouldn't Ignore
How To Prevent Wild Animal Infestations
Signs of Termite Infestation
Speaking of protecting your investments, businesses can be absolutely blindsided by a pest problem. While you’re busy dealing with the day-to-day operations of your Herriman business, tiny invaders could be holing up in your walls or storage areas without you even realizing it. While this is especially true for restaurants and hotels, the truth is that all kinds of businesses can wind up with a pest infestation that leads to much larger costs. Not only does it cost money to address the damage they cause and pay for pest removal, but pest problems can also hurt your revenue and bottom line.
That’s why getting started with ongoing commercial pest control services from trusted experts like Mountain West Pest is a far safer investment. We’ve helped all kinds of properties deal with pest concerns, especially through preventative treatments that keep infestations from forming in the first place. So don’t wait! Get started with proper pest protection for your business by contacting us today.
Termites are some of the most dangerous pests around. No, they don’t bite people or spread diseases like other pests do, but they can chew through the wooden structures that keep your home stable and inhabitable. While it can take a long time for termite damage to become dangerous or even noticeable, that’s even more reason to prioritize proper termite control, so you’re never surprised.
Here are some of the best steps you can take around your Herriman home to reduce your risk of a termite infestation:
Landscaping: Termites are naturally attracted to overgrown yards and plants, and are especially drawn to yards where trim piles are left around instead of being properly disposed of. Practicing proper landscaping maintenance and keeping your yard free of organic debris can help deter termites.
- Moisture Control: Some termites specifically seek out damp wood, but all of them can take advantage of moisture damage to get inside your home’s walls. This is why it’s important to address moisture issues around your property.
- Access Points: Speaking of ways termites get inside your walls, you should also repair the tiny cracks and holes that form along your exterior walls and foundation over time.
- Soil Contact: Since termites make their mounds and tunnels in soil, you should eliminate wood-to-soil contact around your home’s perimeter as much as possible. This is why concrete paths and river rock landscaping projects can be smart investments.
- Inspections: The best way to spot potential attractants or factors that might contribute to a termite problem is to have a trained professional there to guide you. That’s why Mountain West Pest offers termite inspections as well as treatments.
- Treatments: The best termite protection in Herriman comes from treatments that shield your home from invasions in the first place.
Get help with all these things and more with assistance from Mountain West Pest.
5 Easy & Effective Ways To Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Herriman Yard
Mosquitoes are way more than just nuisance pests. In fact, they are one of the most dangerous animals in the world. This is because mosquitoes are some of the most prolific transmitters of diseases to people and animals alike. While places with access to modern medicine are at a lower risk of the truly deadly viruses and bacteria that mosquitoes can spread, it’s still important for Herriman property owners to take mosquito control seriously.
Here are some of the most effective ways you can keep mosquitoes out of your yard:
- Landscaping: Yards with tall grasses and overgrown shrubs provide lots of landing pads for flying mosquitoes to rest on while they wait for people or animals to wander by. Make sure to keep your grass cut short and trim back overgrown bushes.
- Standing Water: Mosquitoes require water to lay their eggs, and even tiny puddles, birdbaths, or water fountains can provide enough moisture to draw in mosquitoes. Addressing sources of standing water around your yard can help reduce the mosquito population in your yard.
- Candles & Torches: Wicks that are treated with citronella can provide temporary protection against swarms of mosquitoes.
- Self-Protection: To avoid mosquito bites themselves, avoid being outdoors around dawn and dusk, and wear long-sleeved clothing to cover up exposed skin.
- Treatments: The best way to get rid of mosquitoes around your house so you can truly enjoy the outdoors when you want to is with seasonal mosquito treatments from Mountain West Pest.
Pests can cause lots of problems for home and business owners in Herriman, but that doesn’t have to be the case for you. Let us help you protect your property from pests by calling or visiting us online today.
“The technician was extremely personable. He asked if we had any problem areas and did a swift and thorough extermination spray.”- Jay V.
“The technician made me feel like he truly cared about my pest. He was very knowledgeable and told me everything here would be doing in detail.”- Tom K.
“The technicians are kind and professional, and they keep our spiders at bay.”- Marny P.
“The technician was able to answer all my questions and did a professional job.”- RoLayne P.
“The company always responds quickly to my requests and I have very good results.”- Linda R.
“It’s been the same employee that comes out and he is always professional, informative, kind to my animals, and does a GREAT job.”- Courtney T.