Rats are one of the most invasive pests in North America, and they can be a real nuisance in your home. Not only are they unsightly, but rats cause multiple diseases. They pose a health risk to you and your loved ones. If you have rats in your home, it's essential to take action fast. Licensed Ogden pest control contractors will ensure that they get rid of rats quickly and effectively. Don't let your home get overrun by a swarm of rats- act now!
Why Are Rats In My Home?
The best way to get rid of rats fast requires understanding how they got into your home. Only then can you look for suitable home remedies to kill rats. There are several reasons why rats enter your home. These include:
- In Search Of Food: Rats are always on the lookout for food, and they'll enter your home in search of it. If you have an open bag of food or a spilled container of pet food, that's all the invitation a rat needs.
- Accommodation: If you have a rat problem, they are likely in search of a place to nest. Rats will nest in your home if they find a warm, dry place to live that's away from predators- such as walls and attics.
- Water: If you have an area of standing water near your home or on the property, rats can use it for drinking and bathing. Water also attracts other pests like mosquitoes and flies, which attract rats.
- Easy Access: If your home has openings that are big enough for a rat to fit through, they will. Rats can enter through cracks in the foundation, spaces around pipes, wires, and even holes in the roof or walls.
The best way to get rid of rats outside and within your home is by seeking professional assistance. These contractors know the best way to get rid of rats fast and effectively.
Do Rat Traps Work?
Rat traps are one of the most common home remedies to kill rats, but they don't always work. This is because rats are cautious and intelligent creatures. They'll avoid traps if they sense that something is wrong, so it's essential to set the traps in the right places.
There are a few different types of rat traps available on the market, but the most common ones are:
Snap traps use a spring-loaded bar to snap shut when the rat is caught.
Live traps catch rats in cages, allowing you to relocate them elsewhere.
Glue trap uses a sticky substance that traps the rat when it steps on it.
Electronic traps shock and kill rats by delivering an electric current through their body.
In addition to knowing how to bait rat traps, pest control experts know how to place them in suitable locations so that they are most effective. Rat traps should never be used as the only means of getting rid of rats, as they can often be ineffective.
What Can I Do To Get Rid Of Rats Completely?
The plague is a disease caused by rats. To keep your family safe from such lethal diseases, it's vital to get rid of rats permanently. This can be done through a combination of methods, including:
- Professional rat extermination uses traps, baits, and poison
- Sealing up all the openings that rats use to enter your home
- Cleaning up any food or water sources that attract rats
- Installing exclusion barriers around your property so that rats can't get in
If you're looking for a complete solution to your rat problem, professional pest control is the best way to go. They have the knowledge and experience to get rid of rats entirely and keep them from coming back. Don't take any chances with your family's health.
How Can I Prevent Rats?
Any disease caused by rats can be deadly. To protect your family, it's crucial to take measures to prevent a swarm of rats from entering your home in the first place. At Mountain West Pest in Ogden, we offer comprehensive rat prevention services. We understand the best way to get rid of rats outside and inside your home. Contact us today to avoid the hassle and expense of dealing with a rat infestation.