How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Ogden Home
August 28, 2022
Bed bugs are one of the most dreaded pests across the nation. Not many things can ruin a good night's sleep more than spotting a few tiny insects underneath your sheets. These blood-sucking pests are not an uncommon problem in Ogden homes. Because bed bugs are prolific breeders and great at hiding, a bed bug infestation can get out of control in no time.
Bed bug infestations are challenging to eradicate, so it makes sense to contact your local Ogden pest control company at the first sign of a bed bug infestation. Mountain West Pest Control offers a complete bed bug control service that is safe, effective, and guaranteed. Give us a call to learn about our treatment and prevention plans.
How To Identify A Bed Bug Infestation
Early bed bug identification and detecting the signs of an infestation are crucial. By the time you notice any indication of bed bugs in your house, there's a good chance an infestation has already taken hold.
Here are some signs of a bed bug problem:
- You notice bed bugs around: Adult bed bugs are dark brown to mahogany and 1/4 inch in length. Nymphs are smaller and paler.
- You spot fecal spots: These can show up on your mattresses, sheets, and furniture.
- You find discarded materials: You may see their eggs, eggshells, and molted skin in sheets, mattress creases, and box springs.
- You see stains: Your sheets may also show small blood spots resulting from their bites. They are typically tiny red dots in a small group or pattern.
Call a professional for bed bug control in Ogden at your earliest convenience if you pick up on any of these signs.
Why Bed Bugs Like To Bite Sleeping People
Bed bugs are nocturnal insects and are most active at night. These parasites require the blood of warm-blooded animals. Unfortunately, humans are the preferred item on their menu list. Since they hide during the day and feed at night, beds offer an excellent place for them to lie and wait for their hosts to come to them. You crawl into bed, go to sleep, and then they emerge to begin their meal. They're engorged and back off to their hiding place in three to ten minutes. It's a pretty convenient "dine and run" situation for them.
All The Ways Bed Bugs Can Hitch A Ride Into Your Home
Bed bugs are well-known for their ability to hitchhike on or in almost anything to reach their destination. They live in virtually any location where the public gathers. You can easily bring these bloodthirsty pests home without even knowing it.
Here are some ways you could pick up bed bugs:
- They can get onto your clothes or luggage at public transportation sites like airports, bus stations, and subways.
- They can infest hotels and motels. Make sure to check bedding and other furniture.
- They thrive in laundromats where many people come and go with their clothes.
- They live on used items like furniture and clothes, so look over these secondhand purchases for signs of an infestation.
When using or traveling through these facilities, it is always a good idea to inspect and brush off items like your clothing, luggage, and purses.
The Best Way To Completely Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
Bed bug infestations are not your typical do-it-yourself pest control project. You can waste a lot of time and money trying to tackle the problem, only to find out that it has resurfaced and worsened. Relying on a professional pest control company that has experience with local pest control for bed bugs is your best bet. Mountain West Pest Control is a locally owned and run business with years of experience in bed bug control. It's time to get a good night's sleep again. Contact us today, to learn more about our bed bug control solutions including home pest control and commercial pest control services.