The Secret To Keeping Nuisance Wildlife Away From Your Ogden Property
February 24, 2022
Keeping your Ogden property free from invading wildlife can be a challenge. Wild animals search for food, water, and shelter on their forays from the forest, and our properties can provide all of these needs, giving them an open invitation to explore our yards. Wandering wildlife is bad news once they gain access, as they have the ability to spread diseases and cause damage to structures and objects. Find out what kind of wildlife is likely to find its way onto your yard and how partnering with Mountain West Pest Control, the experts at pest control in Ogden, can safely remove these wild hazards from your property and keep them out.
Common Types Of Wildlife That Invade Ogden Properties
Wildlife is considered to be any animal that lives in the wild; in the pest control world, animals like larger wild mammals are considered to be pest wildlife. Here are three of the native species of wildlife that can be found in the Ogden area:
- Skunks: These mammals are usually black, with large white stripes running the length of their backs. They are well-known for their ability to spray a foul-smelling liquid from their anal glands to protect them from threats.
- Raccoons: Members of the Procyon genus and not rodents, these nocturnal mammals have solid gray bodies with black rings around their bushy tails. The black markings around their eyes give them that distinct look like they are wearing a burglar’s mask.
- Bats: The world’s only flying mammals, many bat species look like furry, flying mice. Their forelimbs have evolved into wings over the years, making it easier for them to hunt down insects, their favorite prey.
While other wildlife can be bothersome to Ogden property owners, these three are the most common and will require expert wildlife management to remove from your property.
The Problems Wildlife Can Create Around Your Property
Having wildlife on your property can lead to all kinds of problems. Raccoons, skunks, and bats can all spread rabies through their saliva, so being bitten by any of these pests will require painful and expensive rabies shots if you haven’t had them already. Bat excrement, called guano, contains spores that can spread dangerous infections and corrode structural material and roofs on buildings, so an influx of these flying mammals can do lots of harm to you and your property. Keeping your pets safe from wildlife is another issue that may arise, as the smell of a pet sprayed by a skunk is one of those problems you do not want to deal with anytime soon. Wildlife removal in Ogden is definitely an issue that most property owners have to deal with at some point.
Four Natural Wildlife Prevention Tips
Protecting your Ogden property from invading bats, raccoons, or skunks is best accomplished with the help of local professional wildlife removal services. In order to make your yard less attractive to curious wildlife species, there are several preventive tips you can make sure you are practicing:
- Cover holes and damaged areas that bats and other wildlife can use to enter buildings on your property.
- Keep tight-fitting lids on outdoor trash bins at all times, while removing any leftover food or pet food from the premises.
- Remove any water sources on your property that will attract wildlife; birdbaths, kiddie pools, and leaky faucets are the main culprits.
- Put fencing around vegetable gardens or fruit trees to keep hungry wildlife from getting to them.
You can perform this wildlife pest control on your own, but if raccoons or any other outdoor pests become a problem, the experts at Mountain West Pest Control will be at your service to help with your wildlife management.
The Secret To Total Wildlife Control For Your Property
Trying to get rid of wildlife on your own is a losing battle. With the many hazards that come with dealing with wild animals, getting help from an Ogden pest control expert is definitely the safest way to handle the situation. At Mountain West Pest Control, our wildlife pest control experts have the knowledge to safely remove wildlife on your property. Family-owned and -operated since 2017, our professionals have years of experience in the pest control industry and provide treatments that are safe for your family and pets. We offer superior customer service and guarantee all the services we perform, including wildlife removal in Ogden. Reach out to us today to learn more about our professional wildlife removal solutions.