Ant Control 101 For Ogden Homeowners
April 05, 2022
When ants invade your Ogden home, they bring them with a plethora of issues, such as the potential for damage and certain health risks. Ant control in your house and ant control in your yard is essential to prevent this pest from bringing in problems. Ogden pest control and proactive ant control solutions can help you contain this pest.
Types Of Ants In Ogden
There are several different types of ants in Ogden that may decide to invade your home. It is important to be informed about which species of ant you are dealing with to understand the best ant control solutions for them.
- Carpenter Ants
- Field Ants
- Pavement Ants
- Sugar Ants
If you need help identifying an ant species invading your home, our professionals at Mountain West Pest are happy to help you out.
What Are Some Ways Ants Get In?
Thanks to their small size and skills at infiltrating even the smallest areas, there are several ways that ants may be able to enter your home. The most common way is for this pest to enter through the cracks in windows, doors, and the foundation of your home. You may also find them moving through doors and windows that are regularly left open or invading through the roof as they drop off branches that hang over your home.
Ant pest control is a significant part of removing these easy ant entry points, so this pest can’t invade your home and scavenge for food, water, or shelter. Our experts at Mountain West Pest can help you implement ant control solutions to remedy this problem.
How To Prevent Ants From Invading
If you want to prevent ants from invading your home and property, it is crucial to invest in ant control in your house and ant control in your yard. The below steps can assist you in preventing ants from invading:
- Clear your yard of debris such as fallen leaves, branches, and fallen fruit. Store woodpiles away from the home and keep the grass trimmed low, as this will make your yard less desirable to ants.
- Trim back overhanging foliage that is near your home. This will stop ants from crossing onto your home from trees.
- Seal up potential ant entry points like cracks in windows, doors, and the foundation. Also, invest in sturdy window and door screens and keep exterior entrances closed as often as possible.
- Store leftover food properly and dispose of trash promptly to stop the aroma from attracting ants. Consider using airtight containers in your pantry areas and ensure that all outdoor trash cans have tight lids.
- Refrain from leaving dirty dishes out and immediately clean up food and drink spills. Don’t leave sugary food items outside in your yard.
- Address moisture issues around your home and fix up leaks both inside and outside. This will stop excess pools of water from attracting ants.
How To Get Rid Of Ants
Understanding how to get rid of ants is essential for protecting your home from this pest. Ant pest control provided by Mountain West Pest can help you with this task. With the targeted, effective ant control delivered by our specialists, any ant infestation you deal with can be quickly taken care of. Plus, our professionals will help you understand how to adequately protect your property against this pest and provide quarterly pest control to ensure that your home stays ant-free year-round.