Rodents invading your Ogden home can cause several problems and present significant health risks. To get rid of rodents for good, you should be implementing proactive prevention strategies and reaching out to our experts at Mountain West Pest for professional pest control assistance.
The Types Of Problematic Rodents In Ogden
There are a few different types of rodents that you may encounter around Ogden. It is essential to learn about these types of rodents, as the treatment approaches to each species can vary.
If you need help with rodent identification, you can reach out to Mountain West Pest for more advice.
- Roof Rats
- Norway Rats
- House Mice
- Deer Mice
- Wood Rats
Why Having Rodents Around Your Home Is Dangerous
When rodents invade your home, they bring with them a significant health risk. This is because rodents frequently walk through unsanitary areas such as sewers, dumpsters, piles of waste, and organic waste (such as animal feces). All rodents will pick up bacteria and pathogens in these areas and then spread them throughout your home and in food storage areas once they invade.
You can pick up a significant number of illnesses from rodents such as:
- Rat Bite Fever
- Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis
You should also note that while all rodents are dangerous, mice invasions can be particularly unsanitary as their urine and feces tends to dry up and become airborne, further increasing your risk of contracting a disease.
Naturally Effective Rodent Prevention Tips
Part of understanding how to get rid of rodents in your house is to utilize prevention tactics.
The steps below can help keep all rodents out of your home and ensure an infestation never gets started:
- Seal up potential rodent entry points around your homes, such as the cracks in windows, doors, the foundation, and the roof. Use a chew-proof material such as steel wool to ensure this pest stays out, and consider investing in a chimney cap to stop rodents from entering this way.
- Store all leftover food properly to stop the aroma from attracting rodents and ensure that all trash is tightly sealed in bags and disposed of promptly. This will discourage scavenging by rodents.
- Keep your yard clear of debris and trim back foliage that hangs over your home; this stops rodents from moving from the tree to the roof and invading. It would help keep the grass trimmed low to make the area less hospitable to rodents.
- Address moisture issues around your property as excess pools of water can bring rodents into your home. Ensure there are no leaks inside or outside of your home and that your yard has proper drainage.
The Best Approach To Rodent Control For Your Ogden Home
If you want to get rid of rodents permanently, the best approach to rodent control for your Ogden home isn’t DIY methods – it’s reaching out to the professionals at Mountain West Pest. Our experts are trained to identify rodent problem areas and develop targeted solutions for your home. With the help of Mountain West Pest, we can eliminate any active rodent infestation, and you can claim back your house from this pest. Plus, the professionals at Mountain West Pest will help you understand how to protect your home from future invasions and provide year-round service, so rodents always stay away.
Reach out to Mountain West Pest today for more rodent control assistance.