What is wildlife?
Wildlife is any wild animal, that lives outside and doesn't require humans to provide them with shelter, food, and water. Over the years our habitats have merged, wildlife have learned to use the food, water, and even the accommodations we offer.
Some of the most common species of wildlife that cause problems for Utah property owners include squirrels, bats, raccoons and deer.
Is wildlife dangerous?
As cute and friendly looking as they are, wild animals are dangerous to both people and property. Wildlife carry and transmit a variety of diseases that can make people sick. When some wild animals are cornered or threatened, they will do what they can to defend themselves. That means biting or scratching.
This type of wildlife are very destructive and can cause a lot of damage to both homes and yards. They dig through compost bins, garbage cans, gardens, and lawns while hunting for food. Some of these animals will burrow under decks, sheds, and foundations, causing costly structural damage. Squirrels, like other rodents, will chew through pipes, wires, and drywall if they find their way into your home.
How do I get rid of wildlife?
If you are looking to get rid of wildlife from your Utah property, the professionals at Mountain West Pest Control are here to help. Our affordable on-going services protect people, homes, and yards from wildlife and the area's most common pests. To learn more, contact us at 801-415-9908.
Mountain West Pest Exclusion Services
Our Exclusion Services are an important part of our pest control services. You’ll feel confident that wildlife, rodents and pests will be physically prevented from entering the interior spaces of your home. Also, by sealing interior gaps or holes that lead into walls and other areas, certain wildlife and rodents will be prevented from utilizing them as living space.
Sealing gaps and crevices will also stop wildlife, rodents and pests such as cockroaches, rats or mice from easily traveling from one area of your home to another without being seen. Exclusion services will aid in the full control and effectiveness of your wildlife, rodent and pest control program.
Residential Exclusion Services offered at Mountain West Pest:
▪ Seal exterior cracks in foundation walls to prevent rodent entry
▪ Secure roof and attic vulnerabilities against rodent and pest entry
▪ Close all open voids around drain pipes and conduits both inside and outside of the home
▪ Door sweeps placed on garage doors where open gaps are visible
To learn more about our Exclusion Services and how they can help keep your home safe from wildlife, rodents and pest, contact us today at 801-415-9908 or use the form below.
Can I prevent wildlife in the future?
Utilize the following tips to help keep wildlife out of your Utah property:
• Cut tree branches back away from the exterior of your home or business.
• Make sure garbage cans and compost bins have locking lids.
• Keep garage, shed, and other outbuilding doors closed.
• Pick up uneaten pet food between feedings.
• Remove bird feeders from your property.
• Repair broken door and window screens.
• Install mesh fencing around garden areas.
• Keep outdoor eating areas free of food debris.
• Pick up fallen fruits from trees and vegetables from gardens.
• Fix holes along the roofline and place tight-fitting caps on chimneys.
• Place mesh wire around the bottom of decks and sheds to stop wild animals from getting underneath them.