What are bed bugs?
Are bed bugs dangerous?
Why do I have a bed bug problem?
Bed bugs can be a difficult pest to avoid. They are small, live in almost any public place, and can stay hidden from sight. Bed bugs hitchhike their way and thrive in any home – big, small, neat, or cluttered. These pests only care about being around people to feed. They enter homes unnoticed and hide in dark, hard-to-reach areas during the day; they emerge to feed at night when our body heat and the carbon dioxide that we produce as we breathe attracts them. Bed bugs are prolific breeders, and a small infestation that goes unnoticed can become very large in a short time.
Where will I find bed bugs?
It is better to ask where aren’t bed bugs found. The truth is that bed bugs live in almost any public place that people visit. Houses, hotels, hospitals, airports, libraries, movie theaters, office buildings, and dormitories are just some examples of the places you may find bed bugs.
After hitchhiking into a home, these blood-suckers typically reside in sleeping areas, hiding out in the seams of mattresses and box springs or cracks found in wooden furniture, walls, or floors. Over time, as their population grows, they will move throughout the house – infesting multiple rooms and levels and hiding out in upholstered furniture, in wall voids behind outlets, behind wall hangings, and in electronics.
How do I get rid of bed bugs?
Our technicians will solve your bed bug woes once and for all! Our affordable on-going services protect people, homes, and yards from bed bugs and our area’s most common pests.
How can I prevent bed bugs in the future?
• Keep bags, coats, and other personal belongings up off the ground and away from other people’s things when in public places.
• When traveling, always inspect your hotel room for bed bugs before bringing luggage and other belongings inside.
• Keep your home free of the excess clutter where bed bugs can hide.
• Regularly vacuum your home.
• Never buy used furniture, mattresses, or bedding for use in your home.
• Know what bed bugs and their signs look like and seek professional pest control as soon as you notice their presence.
• After purchasing clothing or bringing clothes home from a trip, immediately wash and dry the items on the highest heat setting the fabrics can handle.