Raccoon Infestation In Ogden: Do's & Don'ts
May 14, 2022
If you're an Ogden homeowner, you've likely seen at least one raccoon roaming around your neighborhood. While they are cute and furry, raccoons can also be a big nightmare when they invade your property.
If you have a raccoon infestation, don't panic! Promptly get in touch with a qualified Ogden pest control firm to solve the problem for you. They'll have the tools and know-how to properly handle the situation so that you can live in peace once again.
Don't Try To Remove Raccoons Yourself
If you have a raccoon infestation, don't attempt pest control yourself. It's best left up to the pest control services professionals with the tools and experience needed for the proper removal of these animals. Failure to do so could lead to:
- Harm To You: Raccoons are known to carry rabies and other diseases. If you come in contact with one, it could lead to serious health complications.
- Damage To Your Property: Raccoons are notorious for their destructive behavior. They can damage your property as they try to get into your home or find food.
- Disturbance Of The Local Ecosystem: Raccoons are part of the local ecosystem. If you remove them yourself or die on your property, you may be disturbing the balance in nature.
- Legal Implications: Some states have strict laws against removing animals from their habitats without a license or permit. You could face fines and other penalties if caught doing so illegally.
- Harm To The Raccoons: Raccoons are wild animals and can be unpredictable. You may end up hurting or even killing them if you don't know what you're doing.
Consequently, hiring pest control services is the best way to deal with a raccoon infestation. They'll get down to business and take care of your raccoon problem.
Don't Attract Raccoons To Your Home
Keeping raccoons away from your home can be a challenge; however, it's possible. Here are some things you should avoid doing if you want to keep raccoons at bay:
- Don't leave pet food outside overnight, as raccoons love the taste of cat and dog food. Keep it inside or purchase an airtight container for storage outside your home.
- Don't leave birdseed on the ground or bird feeders overnight; raccoons also love to eat from them.
- Don't leave any fruit or vegetables lying around on the ground if you have a garden. Raccoons will be more than happy to help themselves.
By following these tips, you can discourage raccoons from coming near your home and causing problems. If that fails, look for local pest control for the best price pest control service in the Ogden area.
Call A Professional for Raccoon Removal
If you've ever had a raccoon in your attic or garage, then you know how much trouble they can be. When it comes time to call upon an Ogden pest control advisor for help with local pest control, many pest control companies offer the best price pest control services. Some of the tactics they'll use to deal with raccoons include:
- Trapping the raccoon and then releasing it elsewhere
- Removing the raccoon's food and water sources
- Sealing off all entry points into your home
- Using deterrents such as ammonia or pepper
So, if you're having trouble with raccoons on your property, don't hesitate to call an Ogden pest control advisor today.
Prevent Them From Returning
Once the raccoons have been removed from your home, you'll want to take some steps to prevent them from returning. Mountain West Pest in Ogden can help you with this. We'll come out and inspect your home for any weak spots that might allow these animals access again in the future. Reach out for a free quote today!